Wisconsin Professional Homecare Providers (PHP) is a non-profit professional organization
The primary goal of Professional Homecare Providers (PHP) is to promote the interests of independent nurses and their clients. PHP’s services include, but are not limited to: Providing Independent Providers an opportunity to network, connect families in need of skilled nurses with the nurses looking for clients, share information, education via meetings and annual conference, serve as a resource, and promote adherence to professional standards. Nurses in Independent Practice (NIP) work with clients and their families in an advocacy role. Our members include home care providers from a range of education and experience, primarily Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
To ensure that the medically fragile and severely disabled population, along with their families, continue to have a choice of who provides their care and where they reside.
The following objectives will be used to accomplish our mission:
- Protect the patient's independence and freedom of choice, while providing cost effective home health skilled nursing care.
- Provide home health skilled nursing care in a manner that enhances quality of life.
- Serve as a resource for members in order to promote quality nursing care and adherence to professional standards and state regulations.
- Work with recipients and their families in an advocacy role.
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of qualified private duty nurses to meet the staffing needs of an increasing patient population.