Professional Homecare Providers (PHP) is a non-profit professional organization
The primary goal of Professional Homecare Providers (PHP) is to promote the interests of independent nurses and their clients. PHP’s services include, but are not limited to: Providing Independent Providers an opportunity to network, connect families in need of skilled nurses with the nurses looking for clients, share information, education via meetings and annual conference, serve as a resource, and promote adherence to professional standards. Nurses in Independent Practice (NIP) work with clients and their families in an advocacy role.
To ensure that the medically fragile and severely disabled population, along with their families, continue to have a choice of who provides their care and where they reside.
The following objectives will be used to accomplish our mission:
- Protect the patient's independence and freedom of choice, while providing cost effective home health skilled nursing care.
- Provide home health skilled nursing care in a manner that enhances quality of life.
- Serve as a resource for members in order to promote quality nursing care and adherence to professional standards and state regulations.
- Work with recipients and their families in an advocacy role.
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of qualified private duty nurses to meet the staffing needs of an increasing patient population.